University of Texas at Austin, Glickman Center
The 8th annual TeCHS/COERLL Summer Workshop will be an in-person event (circumstances permitting), hosted on campus at the University of Texas at Austin. This year, we are proud to feature several hands-on sessions for Heritage Spanish educators:
- Integrating Bilingual Communities OERs into the curriculum: Diversity and critical linguistic awareness in the Spanish Heritage classroom - Yanina Hernández & José Estéban Hernández (UT Rio Grande Valley)
- Creación de un plan de lectura y proyecto para un curso de español de herencia - Karen Lopez-Alonso (Baylor University)
- Translation in the Heritage language classroom - Emily Bernate (St. Edward’s University)
- Anti-discriminatory strategies to implement in the SHL and mixed classrooms - Paola Guerrero (Texas Tech University)
- Integrating OER in a project-based curriculum: Inclusion, engagement, and learner agency – Jocelly Meiners (UT Austin) & Flavia Belpoliti (Texas A&M University—Commerce)
- Students as creators: Genre Based Instruction in high schools for heritage speakers – Julia M. Sainz (Texas A&M University) – High school SHL instructor guest presentation
Click here to see the full schedule.
See more information (e.g. options for accomodations).
Registration: Is now closed
The University of Texas at Austin